Former CIO of NASA Renee P. Wynn, former US Deputy Federal CIO Maria Roat and more to give real-world insights and expertise in new program
New York, NY February 23, 2023 –– Diligent Institute, the global corporate governance research arm and think tank of Diligent, today announced the initial lineup of subject matter experts featured in its premier Cyber Risk & Strategy Certification. With the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) finalizing regulations which will require board members to participate more closely in cybersecurity oversight, the program will help directors enhance their knowledge of cybersecurity to effectively govern significant enterprise-wide risks and have meaningful conversations with functional leaders.
“With growing pressure from shareholders and regulators to hold directors accountable to cybersecurity governance, it is critical directors feel prepared to oversee cyber risk and engage with their in-house information security and digital strategy teams. Diligent Institute’s new Cyber Risk & Strategy Certification features a roster of high-profile leaders with the right expertise to help directors embrace this role,” said Dottie Schindlinger, Executive Director of the Diligent Institute. “Regardless of where an organization stands in its cyber risk maturity, board education can significantly impact the quality of conversations directors have with management.”
Registrants will learn from over 15 renowned subject matter experts, including featured speakers:
- Marianne Bailey, Partner, Cybersecurity Lead, Guidehouse, and Former Deputy National Manager for US National Security Systems, NSA
- Jeffrey Birnbach, Senior Partner, Managing Director, Sylint
- Sandy Garfinkel, Co-chair of the Privacy & Data Security Group, McNees Wallace & Nurick LLC
- Margie Graves, Senior Fellow, IBM Center for the Business of Government, and Former US Federal Deputy CIO
- Serge Jorgensen, CTO, Sylint
- Jessica Hebenstreit, Founder and CEO, Secitup Consulting
- Anthony Johnson, Managing Partner, Delve Risk, former Deputy CISO of CapitalOne and former Global CISO of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Maria Roat, CEO, MA Roat Consulting LLC, and former US Deputy Federal CIO
- Masha Sedova, Co-founder & President, Elevate Security
- Myrna Soto, CEO, Apogee Executive Advisors
- Peter D. Weill, Senior Research Scientist and Chairman Emeritus, MIT CISR
- Renee P. Wynn, Former CIO of NASA, RP Wynn Consulting LLC
“I’m incredibly excited to be partnering with Diligent Institute on the Cyber Risk & Strategy Certification to address one of the most critical gaps in boardrooms today, which is fluency around cyber security,” said Renee P.Wynn, Former CIO NASA, RP Wynn Consulting LLC. “Cyber security is an enormous business differentiator and can make or break a company. It’s important that board members understand how to effectively help their teams manage this conversation, and this certification is set up to help directors do exactly that.”
Courses begin on March 1, 2023 and registration is open now. Learn more and register here.
Diligent is the global leader in modern governance, providing SaaS solutions across governance, risk, compliance, audit and ESG. Empowering more than 1 million users and 700,000 board members with a holistic view of their organization’s GRC practices so they can make better decisions, faster. No matter the challenge. Learn more at diligent.com.