NEW YORK, NY - September 20, 2021 - Diligent Corporation, the global leader in SaaS governance, risk and compliance (GRC) today announced it has signed The Climate Pledge, highlighting its commitment to environmental responsibility and social accountability. Joining the initiative, founded by Amazon and Global Optimism, marks another step in Diligent's environmental, social and governance (ESG) program, developed with the goal of enacting environmental and societal change. Signing the pledge also furthers the company's mission to provide innovative technology solutions to help organizations reach their individual ESG goals.
'As part of our company's journey to be an even better corporate citizen and address the environmental and social challenges our planet faces, we have joined other leading organizations in signing The Climate Pledge,' said Lisa Edwards, President and COO of Diligent and board director at Colgate-Palmolive. 'As a leader in providing technology solutions to governance, risk, compliance and ESG challenges, it's important that we navigate these critical endeavors alongside our customers, and continue to develop and uphold our own ESG commitments.'
Earlier this year, Diligent launched several initiatives to further shape and deliver on the company's ESG strategy and fast-track the development of innovative digital solutions to address key challenges, including:
- Establishing Diligent's ESG Center of Excellence (CoE) - The CoE fosters ESG research, product innovation and thought leadership for boards of directors and leadership teams.
- Launching Diligent ESG - Diligent ESG, the most comprehensive ESG software solution in the market, empowers organizations to address the components of ESG that matter most to their stakeholders as they strive to meet current reporting requirements while also planning and preparing for the future.
- Acquiring Accuvio, a leading ESG data aggregation and reporting software company - Accuvio's expertise in world-class sustainability reporting solutions fuels Diligent's ESG solution and enables organizations to prepare, track and disclose key climate metrics in alignment with major regulatory frameworks and standards - including greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions across the entire value chain (scopes 1,2, and 3).
- Adopting the World Economic Forum's (WEF) Stakeholder Capitalism Metrics - As a platform partner of the WEF, Diligent is working alongside other leading organizations to identify ways to improve financial returns in tandem with stakeholder outcomes while supporting the mission to make the world more sustainable and inclusive.
- Pledging to Reach Net Zero Carbon Emissions by 2040 - Diligent is evaluating and implementing ways to reduce emissions and increase energy efficiency through a comprehensive assessment of current practices and infrastructure.
'As a leader in modern governance, we know that meaningful discussions around ESG issues need to be paired with tangible actions,' said Matt DiGuiseppe, Vice President of Research & ESG at Diligent. 'Signatories of The Climate Pledge agree to three principal areas of action, including regular reporting, carbon elimination and credible offsets. We're proud to be continuing progress on our ESG goals, and to be joining a community of leading businesses committed to transformational action.'
About Diligent Corporation
Diligent is the leading governance, risk and compliance (GRC) SaaS company, serving more than one million users from over 25,000 organizations around the globe. Our modern GRC platform ensures boards, executives and other leaders have a holistic, integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance across the organization. Diligent brings technology, insights and confidence to leaders so they can build more effective, equitable and successful organizations.
+1 917 246 2775