NEW YORK - December 21, 2021 - Diligent, the global leader in SaaS governance, risk and compliance and ESG today announces its initial lineup of celebrated industry and subject matter experts participating in Diligent Climate Leadership Certificate Program, the first phase in a new ESG Leadership Certificate program.
Created in partnership with Glass Lewis, a leading global provider of governance solutions, the program is designed to help corporate directors and C-level executives be better equipped to oversee climate risk and strategy for their companies. The program is available as a self-paced e-learning experience and includes six courses, with video panel sessions featuring subject matter and industry experts, curated readings, interactive exercises, and online networking among participants.
Registrants will learn from over thirty renowned subject matter experts, including featured speakers:
- Joyce Cacho, experienced independent board director and honoree of Savoy Magazine's 2021 Most Influential Black Corporate Directors List
- Robert Eccles, Visiting Professor of Management Practice, SaÃ¯d Business School, University of Oxford
- Michael Gerrard, Professor & Faculty Director, Sabin Center for Climate Change Law, Columbia University
- Courteney Keatinge, Senior Director, Environmental Social & Governance Research, Glass Lewis
- Jennie Morawetz, Partner, ESG & Impact Practice, Kirkland & Ellis
- Veena Ramani, Research Director, FCLTGlobal
- Joana Setzer, Assistant Professor, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment, London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Leo Strine, Jr., Of Counsel, Corporate Department, Watchell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz, former Chief Justice of the Delaware State Supreme Court
- Cynthia Williams, Chair Emerita, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
'There is urgent pressure for corporate leaders to take decisive action on climate change,' said Leo E. Strine, Jr., 'but leaders also need to fully understand the implications of the climate commitments their companies are making and to not lose focus on the other key business and stakeholders risks their particular companies face. Programs like this can help leaders make more informed choices and mitigate the risks involved.'
'We're thrilled to welcome world-renowned experts in corporate law, governance, sustainable business and climate change to our roster of speakers for Diligent's first-ever Climate Leadership Certificate Program,' said Brian Stafford, CEO of Diligent. 'The world has set the bar high on climate action, and corporate leaders need to rise to the challenge. These speakers bring valuable knowledge on how directors and executives can lead with purpose and elevate governance practices to meet the growing demands of ESG.'
The program is open to board members and C-suite level executives and starts February 1, 2022. The deadline to sign up for the first cohort is January 14, 2022.
To learn more and register, visit https://diligent.com/climate-leadership-certificate.
About Diligent Corporation
Diligent is the leading governance, risk and compliance (GRC) SaaS company, serving over 1 million users from over 25,000 customers around the world. Our innovative technology gives leaders a connected view of governance, risk, compliance and ESG across their organizations, sparking the insights they need to make better decisions and lead with purpose. Learn more at diligent.com.
About Glass Lewis
Glass Lewis is a leading global provider of governance solutions. We enable institutional investors and publicly listed companies to make sustainable decisions based in research and data. We cover 30,000+ meetings each year, across approximately 100 global markets. Our customers include the majority of the world's largest pension plans, mutual funds, and asset managers who collectively manage over $40 trillion in assets. Our core solutions include Proxy Paper proxy research and Viewpoint proxy vote management platform. Visit www.glasslewis.com for more information.
+1 917 246 2775