TORONTO, Nov. 16, 2016 /CNW/ ''' Governance Professionals of Canada ('''GPC''') handed out the fourth Annual Excellence in Governance Awards ('''EGAs''') last night at their dinner and ceremony held at The Carlu in Toronto. The EGAs recognize the important contribution governance professionals make in terms of best practices that build and sustain shareholder and stakeholder value. The following winners were selected in these categories:
- Best Practices in Enterprise Risk Management: Vancouver Airport Authority
- Best Practices in Sustainability and Environmental, Social and Governance: The Co-operators
- Best Approach to Achieving Effective Board and Committee Operations: RBC
- Best Practices to Enhance Boardroom Diversity: Goldcorp Inc.
- Best Practices in Strategic Planning, Oversight and Value Creation by the Board: TransCanada Corporation
- Best Engagement by a Governance Team: Manulife Financial Corporation and Gore Mutual Insurance Company
- Best Pay for Performance: MEG Energy Corporation
- Best Overall Governance: the Canadian National Railway Company and ATB Financial
- Peter Dey Governance Achievement Award: Kathleen (Katie) Taylor, Chair of the Board, RBC
- Honorary Judge,''Peter Dey, Chairman, Paradigm Capital Inc.
- Judging Facilitator,''Geoffrey D. Creighton, President, In-House Counsel Worldwide
- Gigi Dawe, Principal, Research Guidance and Support Leader, Corporate Oversight and Governance, Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada
- Sylvia Groves, President and Creative Director, Governance Studio
- Dr. Richard Leblanc, Associate Professor, Law, Governance and Ethics, Director Master Financial Accountability, York University
- Carrie Mandel, Partner, Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Practice, Spencer Stuart
- Paul Schneider, Head of Corporate Governance, Public Equities, Ontario Teachers''' Pension Plan
- Elizabeth Watson, QC, Founder and President, Watson Inc.
- Brendan Sheehan, Managing Director, Corporate Governance, Rivel Research Group
Learn about how our solutions can help you.
Contact us to learn more about how we can help your business excel in modern governance best practices.