August 21-23, 2022
Meet us at booth #12 in Kelowna, BC
Interested in meeting? Schedule a 1:1 meeting with us while at the conference.
Whether you are just getting started on implementing a modern governance approach or enhancing the practices and technology you have in place, challenges are sure to arise.
Book a spot now to meet with a Diligent expert or visit our Transparent Boardroom---booth 12 on the show floor---and come armed with your questions about how to help your board collaborate more securely and efficiently or how to tame the management of your company’s entities. Start the conversation now about how to leverage your governance assets and practices to tackle new stakeholder initiatives and regulatory requirements, such as ESG.
Visit the Transparent Boardroom
Visit the Diligent team members at the Transparent Boardroom, booth #12, to learn how you can help us make charitable donations to the International Rescue Committee. While you are there, learn more about Diligent's modern governance platform and governance best practices to earn donations. Complete two activities from the Transparent Boardroom experience and receive a pair of sustainable SunSki sunglasses.
Dessert with Diligent: 10 Minutes to Better Governance
Take ten minutes out of your GPC schedule to get hands-on with the Diligent modern governance platform and enjoy your post lunch dessert. Stop in the Selkirk meeting room, for quick-hitting but experiential demos from Diligent experts. Learn how a modern governance platform can help digitally transform your governance practices, so your board can collaborate and communicate securely, manage entities centrally and report on ESG programs.
Visit the Selkirk meeting room on the second floor of the hotel conference area on Monday, August 22, from 1:00 to 1:15pm and Tuesday, August 23, from 1:45pm to 2:00pm to explore:
- Diligent Board and Leadership Collaboration
- Diligent Entities
- Diligent ESG
- Diligent Compensation and Governance Intelligence
August 22, 2022, 2:30pm-3:30pm PT
Best practices in digital innovation in corporate governance
Trends and Evolution in Virtual Governance:
- How can your board or governance team continue to adapt and improve virtual governance?
- What are some of the leading trends in virtual governance coming out of the pandemic?
- What tools and practices are necessary to do so as we move into the future?
- Tools necessary in virtual / hybrid governance world
- How to make your directors’ lives easier
- Dottie Schindlinger, Executive Director, Diligent Institute
- Suzanne Van Slightenhorst, New Gold, Inc.
August 23, 2022, 10:15am-11:15am PT
Climate Risk Governance: Directors’ Obligations and Leading Practices
Climate governance is evolving fast and is becoming a high priority to all corporate and pension boards. The new International Sustainability Standards Board will have climate disclosure standards in place by 2023, and the Canadian Securities Administrators is also requiring climate risk disclosure. Meet some of Canada’s Climate Governance Experts, who will unpack what this means for executives, directors and governance professionals in staying ahead of the curve and developing winning strategies to respond to these new expectations.
- Understanding Directors’ duties towards climate risks and opportunities
- Understanding climate disclosure landscape and what audit committees should know
- Practical strategies for tackling climate oversight responsibilities
- Dottie Schindlinger, Executive Director, Diligent Institute (moderator)
- Ravipal Bains, Partner, McMillan
- Christie Stephenson, Executive Director, Peter Dhillon Centre for Business Ethics